Sunday, July 5, 2015

Antonio Tarver eyeing Wladimir Klitschko after Cunningham



Antonio Tarver eyeing Wladimir Klitschko after Cunningham


Antonio Tarver is currently training for his upcoming bout with Steve Cunningham on August 14th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.  With a win against Cunningham, Tarver hopes to put himself in a position to fight Wladimir Klitschko. 


"Of course, and that is the only way I can claim to be the heavyweight champion of the world - that is to beat the man that's considered the very best and that's Wladimir Klitschko.  And he's from my era.  He's the only one who has the type of experience that I have.  He came from the same Olympics that I did.  I've been here almost 20 years like him so let's see who's the best," Tarver told boxing news online.  

 
 




"On any given night I have proved I can beat anybody.  When I knocked Roy Jones out in two rounds, he was Superman, he was the Floyd Mayweather of my time.  Bar none.  He was the pound for pound king at the time I knocked him out.  So what people are hoping happens to Floyd Mayweather one day, I did to Roy Jones.  That means on any given night I can beat anybody - including Wladimir Klitschko.

Let's keep in mind, that beating Steve Cunningham is no easy task - so, hopefully Tarver is focusing on Cunningham first.


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast