Sunday, July 5, 2015

Shawn Porter not willing to wait for Mayweather fight

Shawn Porter not willing to wait for Mayweather fight


Top welterweight contender Shawn Porter (26-1-1, 16 KO's) is hoping to hit the Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes.  While Porter really wants the fight, he is not willing to wait around and pass up other opportunities.  


"I've proved that i deserve a fight like that.  I'm ready.  If he want it, come get it.  If not, we'll move forward.  I've said this before, I'm not going to hold my breath for a guy like that and stop my career.  I want the fight, but I won't be like Amir Khan and pass up opportunity after opportunity to wait on him to make a decision.  We want this decision soon and we're looking back in the ring soon," Porter told Fight Hub.

 
 




This is a great move by Porter, we've seen fighters put their career on hold so many times waiting to fight someone and then not get the fight.  



Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast