Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Scott Quigg hires Freddie Roach as new trainer

Scott Quigg, former junior featherweight champion, has split from his longtime trainer, Joe Gallagher and has now teamed up with Freddie Roach.  Roach will now be the new trainer for Quigg.  Quigg will now train out of the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, California.


Quigg told Dan Rafael from ESPN the following: "This is an opportunity that I couldn't pass up, and I believe this move and change will take me to another level," Quigg said. "I'd like to thank Joe for everything he has done for me. He is a tremendous coach and friend, which we will remain. Our first fight together was for the British title, and I went on to become world champion under his guidance, and for that I will be forever grateful. I wish Joe and all the lads every success in the future."


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast