Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Gervonta Davis at odds with Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

The WBA approved a lightweight bout between Gervonta Davis and champion Jason Sosa.  The bout was going to be scheduled on October 22 and possibly be a part of a Premiere Boxing Champions broadcast.  


But, there seems to be some trouble in paradise with Davis and his promoter - Floyd Mayweather Jr.  Davis has taken to social media, which is always the best way to handle your business, and taken some shots at Mayweather.

"I'm giving up on a lot of things and boxing might be one of them.  Y'all don't know what I been going through these few weeks.  Sh*t too much!  Floyd sit me on the shelf," Davis posted.

"Move from the place that got me where I'm at today.  That's what's wrong wit most that lose.  They leave their home.  I have a mom to feed . . . what about that?  I have brothers, coaches, love ones!  My city love me and it will never change."

I hope Gervonta Davis gets things together and taken care of.  This is a big opportunity for him.  

Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast