Friday, August 12, 2016

Wilder questioning the WBC Clean Boxing Program

Deontay Wilder is beyond frustrated that a decision has not come back from the WBC concerning the failed drug test from Alexander Povetkin.


Wilder talked with the Los Angeles Times and had this to say about the situation:

"I'm amazed it's taking so long to happen when they said they'd make a judgement in June.  Here it is in August," stated Wilder.  "There's so much evidence on Povetkin.  It's obvious they cheated.  They're cheaters."

"Even in the Olympics, the Russians are getting booed.  No one should tolerate a cheater.  We have zero tolerance for it.  The WBC has a Clean Boxing Program, but what does a Clean Boxing Program mean if there's no consequences being the actions?"

"I would love to fight Povetkin.  It would light my fuse even more.  They knew I was a big threat coming to their country, that I wasn't going to be an easy test, so they did what powers do - to use illegal, banned substance to give him an extra boost because they knew he was going to need it.  I'm mobile, hostile, I throw more punches . . . He will get a real beatdown.  Right now, I'm going to rest and recover and let God have the last say so."


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast