Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Leo Santa Cruz to exercise rematch clause

It sounds like there is a rematch clause for Leo Santa Cruz and they are ready to exercise it.  


It makes sense because Leo Santa Cruz is the champion and typically, there are usually rematch clauses in championship fights.  

“My son spoke with Mr. Al Haymon at the end of the event and he said that there is a rematch clause.  Of course we want to direct rematch, but now we could do in Los Angeles or Las Vegas, in about three more months in November.  I’ll tell you this - I did not see my son lose.  If I had seen him lose I would have said it, so we want a rematch,” Jose Santa Cruz told ESPN Deportes.

“A lot of people have told me that they saw Leo win.  I think the judges should have rewarded the most offensive fighter.  If Frampton connected with two, then my son landed three.  I do not like making excuses, maybe they did beat us but I’m positive that Leo will have the title back.”


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast