Monday, August 8, 2016

Broner vs. Mayweather? That's what Floyd Mayweather Sr. wants.

An interview was done with Floyd Mayweather Sr. by Helen Yee Sports.  Floyd stated that he would like to see his son, Floyd Mayweather fight Cincinnati's own Adrien Broner.  


"My understanding was that Floyd was coming back, but now we have to wait and see.  I just don't know right now.  For boxing, right now Floyd is getting up in age.  I wouldn't advise him to continue to fight."

"Why?  He has enough money and he's smart with it.  He has nothing more to prove.  There's no reason to keep fighting.  If he's going to make a comeback, pick the right opponent and then shut it down.  Call it quits and leave that part of the sport alone."

I know who I'd like to see him fight.  Broner.  They used to be friends - not anymore."

"Even if you're training at this age, there are things that start to happen to a fighter that is guaranteed.  Look at me.  I'm still fast, but slower than I was last year.  And every year.  And every year, your reflexes are going to give . . . they're going to stop.  You're not going to keep being fast, fast, fast like you used to be."

You're not going to be able to move like you use to move, and you won't be able to duck all the same punches like you used to."


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast