Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Mayweather vs. Khan will be announced within 2 weeks - according to Khan

Mayweather vs. Khan will be announced within 2 weeks - according to Khan


Amir Khan has stated that a fight with him and Floyd Mayweather will be announced within two weeks.  There has been much speculation that Floyd will not choose Khan, but apparently Khan knows something we don't.  


Khan told Press Association Sport: "I don't think I have ever been closer to getting the fight with Floyd Mayweather than I am at this moment."

 
 




"The indications are that I have strengthened my case with my win over Algieri and I believe there is every chance the fight could be confirmed within the next two weeks," stated Khan.

When asked about Kell Brook, Khan was not too excited about the prospect of fighting the British champion.  

"I have no interest in fighting Kell Brook at the moment because there are so many other, bigger fights out there for me," said Khan.

"Brook has done nothing to justify a fight with me and he is just in it for the payday. He brings absolutely nothing to the table and it is not a fight I am looking at."