Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Amir Khan calling out everyone not named Kell Brook

Amir Khan calling out everyone not named Kell Brook


Amir Khan is hoping to get a September 12 date with Floyd Mayweather.  This is a fight he has been chasing for years.  



Amir Khan may be a viable candidate in terms of numbers.  His fight with Chris Algieri had an average of 1 million viewers.  These were huge numbers for Spike TV.  


Amir Khan has been calling out quite a few people as of late.

"There are options out there for me.  I would love to fight Miguel Cotto.  Stylistically, he would be a good opponent for me and would suit me," Khan told Bolton News.

Khan is also interested in Canelo Alvarez. "Saul Alvarez is another big name I could fight.  But he fights at 154 and maybe that is something for me towards the end of my career when I am bigger."  I guess Khan didn't know that Cotto fights at 160 now.

What about a matchup with fellow Brit Kell Brook?

"Facing Kell Brook could be of interest down the line.  That's for the future, though, I am not focusing on them at present because there are other bigger names out there for me.  I didn't watch his fight against Frankie gavin because as far as I was concerned it was always going to be another walk in the park fight for Brook."

"It is not like the opponents I fought when I was world champion.  One day it will happen because it would be a big fight for the fans in the UK and I would like to have a big fight in front of them again in the future."


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast