Monday, March 6, 2017

Paulie Malignaggi makes it official and announces his retirement

Paulie Malignaggi announced his retirement via twitter today.  Below is what he wrote on twitter:   


19 years ago today - March 6, 1998 - I entered the ring for the first time as an amateur.  That makes this as good a time as any for me to officially announce my retirement from competition.  My life is in a place 19 years later that I never dreamed it could be in.  And I have boxing to thank for that.  I gave absolutely everything I had to this sport for almost 2 decades, and I will never lose the many, many incredible memories that were created during that time.  I'm looking forward to a long, fruitful career now behind the mic, staying around the sport I love so much and the sport that changed my life for the better.  Thank you to the sport of boxing, and thank you to everyone who supported me along the way on this incredible journey.  I am forever grateful.

- Paulie

Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast