Thursday, March 23, 2017

Floyd Mayweather recruits UFC Star for sparring



Floyd Mayweather is starting to gear up for his upcoming bout with Conor McGregor.  He seems to be taking the fight seriously as he is bringing in UFC MMA star Kevin Lee.  Lee is 15-2 in MMA.  


Kevin Lee told the UK Mirror "Floyd’s management reached out to me a little while ago and asked me to be a part of the camp."  I'm excited to do that, I could use a couple bucks in my pocket, that’s for sure. Training camp is starting soon, I assume they'll want him to get in shape first before we start sparring. Right now I think they're dealing with the logistics of the fight before starting training camp."

Lee also said that he doesn't think Floyd will be able to knock out McGregor.  "Floyd isn’t going to knock out Conor," he said. "Conor’s a much bigger man. I expect Conor to come out and try to sling Floyd around a little bit in the clinch, try to wear him down. If things get too hectic about that seventh, eighth round, he might start, I don’t know, he might start to rough him up with some elbows. I'm pretty sure Floyd’s going to have us prepare him for that — being able to throw him around, and maybe even kick him a little bit. You never know."

The fight has not been signed yet, but both parties are now saying that the fight is very close.  I think the tide turned on this fight happening when Dana White, originally thought to be the biggest sticking point, said that he would not interfere in the fight happening.  Stay tuned!!


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast