Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Bradley Looking For Cotto Fight

After being inactive since his last April fight with Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley (33-2-1, 13 KOs) talked with some reporters from a press conference for Super Lightweight prospect Edgar Martinez, who is managed by Bradley's wife Monica Bradley.


Bradley addressed last years rumor which had him facing off with Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) , a fight which never materialized.

Bradley said he wanted a break from boxing to rest up but was still looking for the right fight to come along. "I am interested in any fight that makes sense. A Cotto fight would be big but at the end of the day I say, 'yeah' but it's not up to me".

Instead of taking a Bradley fight, Cotto chose to fight James Kirkland, which in turn got cancelled after Kirkland injured his nose during a sparring session in preparation for the fight. Back comes Bradley into the conversation of potential challengers for Cotto since Cotto's team is now looking for an opponent for a fight he hopes to have within a few months. Bradley officially threw his name back in the mix by saying " I think it would be fun. I think it is a fight the fans wouldn't mind watching. Cotto if you are looking for a dance partner, holla baby. Lets go".

I for one wouldn't mind watching these two square off. This fight excites me more than any of the other names I have heard thrown around for potential Cotto challengers as he looks to cash out and call it a career after this year.

Steven Mccowan for Ringside Reporter
follow me on twitter @smccowan77

Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast