Thursday, December 8, 2016

Ruiz: I am in great shape - weighs in at 255 pounds.

Prior to the weigh in, Andy Ruiz told a group of reporters in New Zealand the following:  


"This is my chance and I didn't come all the way to New Zealand to lose.  I know everyone is underestimating me.  I know I trained hard for this fight.  I hear everyone commenting on how I look physically, but imagine now that I am in great shape, how good will I be on Saturday night.  I know I am an exciting fighter.  I will use lots of footwork and throw a lot of combinations and we both hit hard." 

He claimed he was in great shape for his WBO title shot and then hit the scales to weigh 255.7 pounds.  Wow.  

Andy Ruiz 255.7 vs. Joseph Parker 246.7
(WBO heavyweight title)


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast