Monday, August 24, 2015

Lemieux: I know what it takes to beat Golovkin


Lemieux: I know what it takes to beat Golovkin


AT the close of a three city press tour, ahead of his fight with WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, David Lemieux, the IBF titlist, insisted, “Yes, I do believe that I can win on
October 17 against Gennady Golovkin. I don’t just believe it; I know what it takes to win. I’m going to this fight because I know how to win. I know how to do this because of my experience; I know my abilities, and I know myself inside and outside the ring. I’m here today because of my great determination.

“I’ve come a long way and I’m proud to be here today to fight the Goliath of the middleweight division. Gennady Golovkin is a good champion; he has good values. But, in the ring you’re not friends. It’s two pit bulls going for the neck.

 
 




“If there is any body up to the challenge to beat Golovkin, it’s me. Something great will happen on October 17.”

Golovkin for his part was just looking forward to the fight. “This is the biggest present for fans. It’s an amazing time for us. Right now I am very excited and very happy,” he said. “This fight has it all. Pay-Per-View, a title unification, and a great opponent. [For the middleweight division] this is an amazing time.

“I promise an amazing show.”

The WBC will the winner of Golovkin-Lemieux to fight the winner of Miguel Cotto-Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.

Outstanding WBC flyweight champion Roman Gonzalez will fight former world champ Brian Viloria. “This will be one of my best fights, and I am honored to fight on the undercard of a Golovkin fight once again,” Gonzalez promised. “Everybody tune in October 17, and I will give one of the best fights ever and dedicate this fight to my family and fans in Nicaragua.”

Viloria said, “This is the biggest stage in my career. It’s far from fighting at the swap meet and clubs. October 17 is going to be a great night. To be in the ring with Roman Gonzalez, and the same stage as Gennady Golovkin and David Lemieux is an honor.

“I know we will have a great fight on October 17 for the fans. This is what I have been training all my life for. I’m training my butt off and I want to show the fans a great fight.”



Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast



Article Courtesy of Boxingnewsonline