Monday, August 24, 2015

Keith Thurman looking for a fight against Marcos Maidana


Keith Thurman looking for a fight against Marcos Maidana


Keith Thurman is looking to fight this fall and one of the people he is calling out is Marcos Maidana.


Maidana has not fought since his two bouts with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2014.  He has been on a long layoff and from the looks of recent pictures has put on quite a bit of weight.  



 
 



"I almost feel like it changes every year.  In boxing things shift so rapidly, but I've already told the fans that I would love to face Marcos Maidana.  I would love to have that fight for the fans.  He's another power puncher, has good experience, fought Mayweather twice.  Outside of him, there's Kell Brook, there's Amir Khan, there's Shawn Porter," Thurman said to On the ropes radio.

"I think there are a lot of great fights in the welterweight division.  I really don't have my eyes set on nothing special and I don't really dream about fights anymore.  I just take them as they come.  I'm gonna be here for a long time and I think in due time I'm gonna get everything that I want out of the welterweight division, but we just have to take our time.  We have to fight one fight at a time and I'm really looking forward to the next one, I'm hoping to make something good happen."