Monday, July 13, 2015

Shots fired by Keith Thurman



Shots fired by Keith Thurman


Keith Thurman is firing shots at Amir Khan, Errol Spence, and Floyd Mayweather. 


On who he wants to fight:
"I want Amir Khan, Marcos Maidana, and Shawn Porter," Thurman said to Boxing Scene.  "This is boxing and I want to fight the same guys you want me to fight.  Right now we would like Amir Khan.  He has finally started mentioning Keith Thurman's name.  When I hear those syllables coming out a fighters mouth, that's what I like."

 
 




On Amir Khan:
"I've said before that Amir Khan does not truly belong in the welterweight division.  So, if he truly wants to make a statement in the division, he should fight a true welterweight like a Keith Thurman or a Shawn Porter.  His fellow countrymen, Kell Brook fought a great welterweight in Shawn Porter.  So I would like to see Amir Khan do the same thing."

On Errol Spence:
"That boy (Errol Spence) don't want it in the near future, his uncle Floyd adopted him and told him to say that statement.  If he really wanted to state that statement, he wouldn't have stuttered when he said it.  He's a young talented fighter.  I sound like Floyd right now saying that.  He hasn't fought a B class fighter.  He keeps fighting these one week replacements.  Go ahead and fight Diego Chaves, go fight Luis Collazo, or any ex world champion that I fought before you say my name out your mouth."

On Floyd Mayweather:
"C'mon, that's Floyd playing games.  If he wants to offer up something, tell him to offer 10 million dollars.  If he's about money and wants to make great fights, throw up some dollar bills.  But at the end of the day, Spence needs to earn that shot."

Wow.  Keith Thurman sounds like he just called out the entire welterweight division.



Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast