Thursday, January 12, 2017

Andre Ward hits back at Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather talked with ESPN's Brian Campbell during a Facebook chat and took aim at Andre Ward and Virgil Hunter.


Floyd Mayweather Quotes:
“I like Andre Ward but one thing about me - call a spade a spade. [Ward] didn’t win,” Mayweather said. 

“Do I like Andre Ward? Yes, I do like Andre Ward. But Andre Ward got to make some major changes if you going to fight Kovalev again."

“Virgil Hunter’s not a good trainer at all. That’s just my honest opinion. Virgil Hunter is a cool guy. He’s a nice guy but a guy who’s never fought before, that’s never been in a crunch moment. How can he tell you about a crunch moment if he’s never been in a crunch moment?," 

"I need a trainer that’s in my corner that’s been in there before and felt contact and know how it is to be in a fight. I don’t care if it’s an amateur fight. You have to have some type of experience at boxing. So can Virgil Hunter be in my corner? Absolutely not. But do I think he’s a cool guy? Absolutely."

Andre Ward came back with the following:
Floyd - I'm not taking the bait, but I will say this. When is it going to stop? How many more people are you going to lash out at? You’re in a position to build up the sport of boxing and the people in it and not tear it down. Especially the younger generation. Be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem. Don't become another "Critic" the very ones you've been fighting your whole career. Especially toward the ones who go through the same things you do. All the lashing out may make headlines, but it's not a good look bro. We need to choose our words wisely, the people are listening.  Be part of the solution.


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast