Thursday, July 23, 2015

Malignaggi hires controversial coach Memo Heredia



Malignaggi hires controversial coach Memo Heredia


It was revealed on social media this week that Paulie Malignaggi has hired controversial strength and conditioning coach Angel "Memo" Heredia.  Malignaggi has been super critical of Manny Pacquiao claiming that Pacman has been taking performance enhancing drugs.  Malignaggi claims that he brought in Heredia to help him with the wait cut.  He claims that he has felt drained in his last couple of fights.  


"I hired Memo.  I worked out with him in Vegas for Mayweather fight week and he just wanted to show me some workouts and see if I like them.  I worked out with him that week and I said 'you now what, let's do it.' I was already drug testing for the Danny O'Connor and actually I've not been off random drug testing since I've been working with him," Malignaggi explained to Boxing Scene.  



 
 



"I hired Memo because he's an intelligent guy.  I'm having trouble with my weight.  As I get older, I don't retain as much energy when I make weight as I used to when I was younger.  First and foremost, when I talked to Memo - and besides the workouts which were strength training which I was impressed with because they were strength training workouts that were not dragged out."