Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Amir Khan talks fighting Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao





In an interview with Fox Sports on Tuesday, June 23, Amir Khan talked about a possible fight with Floyd Mayweather.  "Everywhere I go fans ask me only one question: When are you fighting Floyd?  I was at the Boxing Hall of Fame the other week and everyone kept asking me the same question," Amir Khan stated.  Khan also thinks that Floyd Mayweather and his camp are completely avoiding him now.  "There is nothing more from their camp, Floyd is clearly avoiding me; that's the fight I want, I've proved myself in the welterweight division, so I don't know what more to do," Amir said.


Khan also talked about Manny Pacquiao.  Although Khan thinks he is the rightful contender to fight Floyd Mayweather in September, he doesn't rule out a fight with Manny Pacquiao.  That being said, Khan dismissed a report that Bob Arum is talking about a fight with Manny in Dubai.

 
 




"It's all rumors and speculation, I've not spoken to Manny about a fight in Dubai and neither did our camps, so it's untrue," Amir said.  Lastly, Amir admitted that he still wants to fight Manny Pacquiao, but unfortunately, he confirmed that his attention right now is on Floyd Mayweather.




Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast