Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kell Brook demolishes Jo Jo Dan

Kell Brook demolishes Jo Jo Dan


This was the first defense for unbeaten IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (34-0, 23 KOs) as he ran right through number one contender Jo Jo Dan (34-3, 18 KOs) on Saturday
night at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, England. Brook knocked down Jo Jo Dan twice in round two and two more times in round four. The fight was stopped after round four when Dan's corner thought he had taken enough punishment.  Great win for Brook, who said afterward he’ll be back in the ring in June. Both Brook and promoter Eddie Hearn said they wanted  Amir Khan.

“It was truly amazing to walk out in front of all my fans,” said Brook. “I didn’t think I would ever box again but here I am filling arenas. I can’t put into words what it means to be back defending my World title. It was hard today holding it together. I felt this is where I belong. I am sorry I have kept you waiting but I hope you have had a good night. I am back baby."

“What a heart. I caught him with some good clean shots n he kept getting back up. He’s never been stopped and he’s a legitimate World title contender that has never been stopped and I have just taken him out in style."

“You see little bits of greatness but much more to come from me and I will be back out in June in a massive fight."

“Amir Khan, Juan Manuel Marquez, Brandon Rios – those are the sort of names I want. Bring them on. I want to entertain the fans and want them to tell me who they want to see me fight – I think the answer is Amir Khan, and if he’s watching – let’s do it, come and fight me."

“I didn’t think I would ever walk again never mind box again and here I am defending my world title in style. I have been given a second chance. The best is yet to come.”

Eddie Hearn, Brook's promoter, stated: “There is a little venue available on June 13 called Wembley Stadium. If Amir Khan is watching give everyone what they want. It is the biggest payday available and it’s for a World title.”