Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Vasyl Lomachenko spars UFC superstar TJ Dillashaw - VIDEO



There has been a lot of talk about an upcoming Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor bout.  What will that fight look like?  Well, your guess is as good as mine.  But, we may have just seen a sample of what it may look like.


TJ Dillashaw is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the UFC.  Dillawshaw has a record of 14-3 and is the former UFC Bantamweight Champion.  He will be fighting Ohio's own, Cody Garbrandt, later this year to try and reclaim his bantamweight title.  Dillashaw has fought the best of the best in the world of the UFC, but on this day, he was going to step in the ring and box one of the most talented boxers on the planet - Vasyl Lomachenko.

This was just a sparring session and neither fighter got paid.  So, why did Dillashaw do it?  "I need to learn what's up," Dillashaw told ESPN. "I'm always trying to expand my knowledge as a mixed martial artist. I'm such a big fan [of Lomachenko], I wouldn't pass this opportunity up. Even if I get obliterated, it's something I'll remember forever."



It was pretty obvious through the sparring session who would have won if this was a real boxing match. Lomachenko completely dominiated the action in this one sided session.  Dillashaw got in a very good right hand early and that was about it.  Lomachenko looked to be just toying with him in their.  It was really strange to have seen Dillashaw through his entire career look so great in the UFC and come in a boxing ring and just get manhandled.

Lomachenko was asked, after the sparring session, if he felt he could have hit him with anything at any time he wanted.  "Yes, I feel that.  Yeah," Lomachenko stated confidently.

Dillashaw did land the right hand early and it was flush.  This seemed to get Lomachenko's attention.
"I don't like, he punch my head a couple times.  When we start sparring, I started a little bit relaxed, little bit not serious. Then he punch a couple times in my head, I think, 'Oh, OK. Let's go."

Both of these fighters seemed to be on board with seeing Mayweather fight McGregor.  Both had very different takes on how the fight would actually play out.  Dillashaw thinks that McGregor could use distance and possibly land his big left hand, but that would really be his only chance.  Lomachenko said that if they fought 1,000 times, Floyd wins every time.


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter


Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast