Sunday, October 4, 2015

Adrien Broner calls out who??


Adrien Broner calls out who??


After winning the WBA junior welterweight championship in Cincinnati on Saturday night, Adrien Broner made kind of a strange move.  Instead of calling out some of the heavy hitters in the division, he called out Ashley Theophane.  Who?  You know, Ashely Theophane.  He is ranked number 47 in the junior welterweight division according to boxrec.  


Apparently this all started when Floyd Mayweather, who promotes lightly regarded Ashley Theophane, stated that he thought his fighter could beat Broner.  

"Put Ashley on one of your private jets, bring him to come see me and I bet I bring the girl out of that boy like Bruce Jenner," Broner said immediately after the fight with Allekhverdiev.

Ashely Theophane is ready for a title shot according to himself.  "Whenever Adrien is ready to make this fight we can make it happen.  My promoter Floyd Mayweather and advisor Dejuan Blake believe I can beat him and so do I.  He's a great fighter.  His record shows that.  26 years old and a four weight world champion, but I believe in my ability and I one hundred percent believe I would be victorious.  I want to be your first defense Adrien.  You called me out live after your win.  Let's do this," Theophane stated to boxing scene.com



 
 




Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast