Thursday, August 20, 2015

Deontay Wilder - Johann Duhaupas Press Quotes



Deontay Wilder - Johann Duhaupas Press Quotes


As previously announced, WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder (34-0, 33 KOs) will make the second defense of his title when he faces France’s Johann
“Reptile” Duhaupas (32-2, 20 KOs) on NBC Saturday, September 26 from Legacy Arena in Birmingham, Alabama. This is the first heavyweight title bout in primetime on NBC since May 20, 1985, when another undefeated American heavyweight world champion, Larry Holmes, defended his title against Carl Williams in Reno, Nevada with legendary broadcaster Marv Albert on the call, just as he will be on September 26.

 
 




Deontay Wilder: “Fighting at home last time exceeded my expectations and coming back again is a blessing upon my life. I’m looking forward to bringing more boxing to Alabama and introducing the entire state to this great sport. I know my opponent has great size and that’s what we’re looking for in opponents. He has a great record and he’s never been knocked out…until he faces me. I know Duhaupas is tough and he comes to fight and that’s exactly what we need.”

Johann Duhaupas: “I am very happy to be challenging Deontay Wilder for the heavyweight world title. This is a huge opportunity and I will make the most of it on September 26. Deontay is a good boxer, but I have the heart of a lion and the mental fortitude to handle anything in the ring.”