Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cesar Cuenca - 46-0, The New TBE?



Cesar Cuenca - The New TBE?


Cesar "El Distinto" Cuenca from Argentina has one of the best records in boxing.  Cuenca is 46-0.  He is also widely unknown.  You may be asking yourself why he is so unknown.  The fact that he has only two knockouts - that's right - just two, may have something to do with that.  Here is what he had to say about his upcoming fight with IK Yang this weekend.


"I made my pro debut in 2002 and I have climbed up the ratings the old fashioned way, by winning," said Cuenca.  "No one ever did me any favors, I earned my number 1 world rating by beating everyone who has been put in front of me in the ring for the past 13 years.  I have probably boxed more rounds professionally than anyone of my era.  Lots of fighters claim they train to go the distance, but I really do."

 
 




"I think once we get past the midpoint of the fight, Yang is going to be in very deep and very uncharted waters.  We will see who is in condition to go the distance.  I want to bring the world title home to Argentina, a country with a proud lineage of great fighters dating back to "The Wild Bull of the Pampas" Luis Firpo."

"Regarding my style, I am more Mayweather than Marciano.  Mayweather has had only two knockout victories over the past 10 years.  He fights his fight and he fights to win.  That is my philosophy too.  After I claim the title I want to make the most of it and fight only the biggest fights.  Perhaps a world title unification with undefeated junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford or move up a weight division in a battle for the best record of our era, against Mayweather."



Subscribe to the Ringside Reporter Podcast