Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Adonis Stevenson continues to poke the Russian Bear

Adonis Stevenson continues to poke the Russian Bear

WBC light heavyweight Champion Adonis Stevenson is laying down the gauntlet to WBA, IBF and WBO Champion Sergey Kovalev to put all other considerations aside and to step up for a WAR to see who's the last man
standing! At the presentation of the Emerald Belt in Mexico City, Adonis gave an insightful assessment of the victory of his former opponent Andrzej Fonfara, who stopped Julio Cesar Chavez Jr to win the WBC International Belt. 
Adonis said: "This was a very good fight for Fonfara. You could see that he was bigger than Chavez, Chavez hadn't been in the ring for 13 months, and Julio should definitely go to 168lbs.
In that fight, Fonfara used speed and movement." Turning to the issue of Kovalev, Adonis' smile disappeared and he bluntly stated: "Sergey is looking for excuses. The purse bid on Friday is who puts up the most money and then we should do the show! I know that I can beat him, and he never fights big power punchers.
"My message to Sergey Kovalev is to fight me, as soon as possible and stop sending silly messages. It's not about the money. This is very much about who is the best! I know I'm the best and I'm the WBC Champion. If I fight him, I WILL win by KO. I know that I can beat him. I'm ready to fight him and this is the time!"

Article from WBC Boxing